Sunday, July 13, 2008

And she’s very wordy…..

This weekend I have added 15, 16? 17? new blogs, written over the course of the past two weeks. I apologize to those of you who like to skim through, nd whose inboxes I have compeltely spammed, as a result of their being subscribed to this nonsense...and I realize it was 20 some pages of word document. Maybe I should just start reworking this stuff into a book? A lot of it is angsty, and at this point I am feeling more balanced, but it is all true to my experience here.
So I’ve put them in reverse order, meaning start at the bottom with “Simon Says” if you are just wanting to read the most recent stuff, then read up. Actually I guess it doesn’t really matter as the content has been written kind of by theme? Oh bah. For the short update, things are more or less good. Thanks to Rick, Lightning, Lori and Don, Jack, Mom and Grandma for packages and letters. Happy belated birthday to Karly, Abby, Katie, Andrea, Nathan, Jo, and happy early birthday to Danika and Jack and anyone else I may have forgotten, if so, I’m so sorry!!!. I love you, and thanks to all the friends and strangers for reading my story, writing it is something that reminds me, in my own strange way, that I’m real.

I can't seem to edit that thing on the side anymore... so if you're in the mood, Please send:
letters. pictures. tell me how you are and about the magic of your life!!!!!
Post it notes
Parmasan cheese
Maple syrup-grade whatever I’m over it, I just want French toast!
New favorite Luna bar is berry almond-so good!!!
Solar flashlight or some sort of light- I just blew out the one I had, it seems American products don’t like Botswana battery inverters
I’ve found I need 2 additional rechargeable CR123 batteries to keep my water purifier always at the ready, more necessary than I previously thought!!
Duct tape
Blank cd’s
Stationary with envelopes of various sizes, I’m in the process of duping the Botswana postal service by sending several envelopes to the states in one envelope and having them mailed from there. It may take longer to get to you, but wtf it’s still from Africa!
Reusable shopping bags that fold up really small for easy transport- they have them at target in the dollar aisle or so I’ve heard.
Magazines! I’ve come to love vanity fair, and of course always love people, US weekly, Oprah, and really anything- I’ve been known to even read the economist.
I’m good for taco seasoning, as meat is harder to find here on the Isle of Seronga than I anticipated.
a travel tea mug
a laptop dust jacket
hand sanitizer
I love you all and miss you more than you can know. I'm grateful to have had the internet for two whole days so I could catch up on your emails, blogs, pictures, lives. Thank God for the internet!

No comments: