Sunday, July 13, 2008

Danika Rain

Congratulations my love, on achieving the great milestone of one year on the planet. I’m very proud of you and happy again to be able to count myself amongst the great women present at your birth one year ago! We’re spread across the globe now, sending you love on the breezes that touch your soft coconut buttered skin on the waves that kiss the beaches of Honduras. It hasn’t been easy, but then it’s best to learn early that it usually isn’t. But if you learn one thing from your aunty Katchy, it’s that I hope you can learn to see the beauty in life as you grow. It’s there if you look and search and fight like hell for it. I miss you baby girl, with an ache in my soul and give your Mommy a big hug and a slobbery kiss for me on this most momentous occasion. You’re a lovely little lady and we’d dance by the firelight and I’d sing you club tunes and lullabies all night long if we were together, as we will be again someday soon, along with the newest member of our tribe. I love you, I love you, I love you, sweet child. Happy Birthday!

No comments: