Wednesday, June 4, 2008

When people type good things about you, you should post them on your blog!!!!

To remember that things are good, even when they're not!!! I was working on my site blog the other day and my friend Adryan took the computer and wanted to "write on my blog". she said hella nice things, so I'm posting it! A-I'll miss you in the delta, buddy, but you're welcome any time!!!!


**There is something you should know about “Jenny in Botswana.” So far, the only accounts of life in Botswana and the Peace Corps experience has been dictated and determined by Jenny herself. But there is a totally unique perspective held by her volunteer counterparts. Our friend Jen has thus far been an exceptional trainee, both for her dedication during typical PC bullshit as well as her unrelenting optimism as those of us struggle along the way. Jen is one of my best friends, after only a month and a half, and already she has exposed her true self for the benefit of others, letting brutal honesty replace required politeness, allowing herself her flounder when we are expected to flourish, and paving the way for effective volunteerism. To hear about her lover (Jack) and her life (MN) fills the pages of my own yet blank life, and as I write this I nearly tear thinking that a woman who I was so instantly attached to will so suddenly be ripped from my convenience. Some of you have been close to Jen for years, and that I envy. But you should know that your girl has taken the responsibility to protect and represent us all, and just before we are spread thinly throughout the country, we will be saying our prayers to her as she prays for herself., She is brave, candid, and above all the essence of unconditional love that makes all volunteers keep on working despite intangible results. Thank you Jen, for already being a lifelong friend.

Adryan Caron

PS Dear Jack-You and I will meet soon enough. I am originally from the Bay and am dying to meet you. Jen says the best shit about you-you are a lucky man, almost as much as she is a lucky woman. See you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jenny, I can feel with you as I have been there, too. I know all the people you are writing about and I miss them, so I like to read all your reports.

bathmate said...

nice posting....i like it...it is really helpfull to all..I can feel with you as I have been there, too. I know all the people you are writing about and I miss them, so I like to read all your reports..

Bathmate